Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Looking over from the Mangalore coastline

As I look out at the open vast ocean in front of me I felt strangely calm .
All the fire in me mitigated to energy all the tiredness
changed to a rejuvenated mind .
All the past follies were let to rest the intoxication of highest highs
and lowest ebbs ceased to matter .
Tranquillity engulfed me the vitality moved me and the sound of waves
beckoned as if I've been hypnotised .

I felt one with the vast ocean and yet felt so small in front of such a limitless body .

The hues of the Arabian Sea met the shades of the clear skies and almost perfectly complemented each other .

The golden sun glistening away in the horizon .......
the birds fly leaving minute bird foot print trails in the wet sands...........

I close my eyes and I can envision the sea spread out like an infinite continent of blue satin robe the sounds of the magical waters that cascade and rise splash and gush rhythmically .

We sat hours mesmerised by the greatness and the beauty of this body in front of us ,
oblivious to our surroundings .

Voices in the distance rung out ..... sounds of plain life ,
the din and clutter was so far away it felt like paradise
as if we could see and feel but not be stirred .

My life came in images of family, friends, the great success,
love, lust, fleeting happiness, despairing lows.
The questions unanswered. The answers.
The peace that I was in pursuit of didn't elude me it was within me,
within the ocean so big, it was between us .

I felt Calm .
I felt at peace from wandering ghosts , haunting skeletons and lonely shadows.
I was with myself as if I stood the test of waters and felt untouched by the sands of times .

I didn't just hear I could listen .................
I didn't breathe I respired the sounds and smells ...................
I didn't just exist I lived that moment .........

I live it from that moment on replay it and feel the waves wash away my tired feet time and again .

As I listen to its sound with the conch purchased at the shoreline petty shop .
It was blissful .
It think was the trip , the company of great friends and of course Mangalore .
I will let all those Mangis brag about their hometown tis was truly beautiful !

5 comments:

Unknown said...

woah!! girl u too good man.. i mean thats the exact same feelin i had...or rather still have... had the most awesome time wid u guys.. seriously it was blissful..i cannot forget the beach, the waves, wow it was jus too good... muah!! love ya loads...

Anonymous said...

ok ok we all now know you have been to Mangalore ... Nice way to say the world that Mangalore is cool... Is this enough ?? Or do you wanna me to write more ?

- Ubiquitous - said...

:-)

---

And muhahahaha from a proud Mangy. :D

Anonymous said...

what ya!!! not writing anything nowadays

workhard said...

didn't just hear I could listen .................
I didn't breathe I respired the sounds and smells ...................
I didn't just exist I lived that moment .........

My fav lines.. they hold a lot of weight...

Make website india