Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The sri sri sri aura ......

Well the much hyped ' Sri Sri bug ' caught my darling mother too.
The result I was dragged much against my wishes .
I whined screamed argued with logical reasoning but nothing worked .
Friday evening I was faced with the ordeal of looking from my terrace at the Jakkur areodrome, a thing i generally like doing but not today
when my mother insisted I did the BREATHE IN AND OUT !
It will calm you down I mocked and laughed.

But alas ! the next evening was an ordeal I was dragged to the venue to see the GURU who had attracted several lakhs of people and who's affinity brought several more crores .

I reached the place sulking thats the only thing you can do with mothers .
We jostled through the madening crowd, people turned up in real large numbers it was packed .
I wondered how many fools exsisted .
How could another man tell you how to live life or rather the art of your life ?
Aren't you the sole owner and moulder of it ?

Nonetheless the sight shocked me there were over 3800 musicians on stage .
A grand symphony it was called and they played some famous Tyagaraja and Dasa Krithis with such grace I was moved .
Suddenly the atmosphere changed into a peaceful shrine and the crowd was so behaved it was as if I were attending a funeral !
The crowd sat through everything with deep reverence rarely making any noise there was no clamour or clutter all was still peaceful and maybe sacred .
What striked me most that so many people had so much faith in this one man who wore white attire and a serene smile upon his face .
They had come from lands far away just to catch a glimse of this man
what did he have to have drawn peole in such magnitudes that too ?
Where they troubled looking for answers , solace peace .
Why did they travel so far ?
Did they belive that this man could change things make them happy probably give them the strength to fight ther daily battels ?
Hope they found their answers .

The collective faith really moved me and much to my apprehension I joined in the bhajans the jubliation of god .
I sang unabashed clapped and felt like a common devotee who had come with faith and hope .
Even if you don't belive in this it's just that by being there experiencing the collective faith your drawn subconsiously to join in .

I must I was impressed during the meditation session thre was pin drop silence .
I'm in awe of this magnetic GURU
really it takes alot to make people come year after year its just phenomenal .

No comments: