Wednesday, March 01, 2006

As I read the other inane blogs I've written will I ever grow up !
Oh god please let me write something decent .
Something that I'd feel proud to show my children .

Well alas ! I've gotta live with the limited brains that god has generously put in my head .

This about some not nice experiences

I was in second grade after being the crowning glory in the last year's play Rumplestilskin where I played the dwarf Ram... himself guess that indeed effected my height and I remain vertically challenged .
I thought that this year too I would be a star .
Well my dreams were short lived .

My class teacher made me the crow ......
also adding that since I was BLACK I'd be perfect

How could she be so rude I was deeply hurt .
Apartheid !!! That to when most Asians are supposed to have wheatish skin .

It was then that I knew that looks did matter but my daddy said I was his little princess.
So how did I graduate to become this crow.
Well thanks to swimming in Ulsore pool but yet that was a statement that still irritates me now .

One of the several boy's I went out with had the fuckin audacity to say " You're actually charming even though your dark ! " like hello what the hell is that supposed to mean man ? Is fair beautiful ?
looser no wonder I dumped him .

WTF as a kid I remember my aunts every summer would engage in the odious task of making me fairer by scrubbing milk cream cucumber and tomato face pack but in vain .
I remained tanned for all their efforts. It didn't ever occur to me that if i was black I could never get a good looking bride groom .

Even till date in marriages those painful aunts who gossip say she's nice only her colour is little dark other wise she's a good looking girl
Pah ! will anyone tell me what the fuss is all about .
why black is beautiful , it's extremely sexy
haven't you'll heard of dusky beauties !!!

Well recently I went to marriage the worst place to be .
I get some two offers Yes I mean marriage proposals !
I don't think they know what they are asking for .
Well the usual Oh I saw you when you were this small (indicating the size of half a foot ) my you've become a big girl !
Oh I would never know if you didn't tell me .
Wow what a brilliant observation ! Really you must get the noble prize for research.
bloody it's been some fifteen years since you've seen me !
After that I got the usual.....
OH your doing B.Com ? oh why your not doing medicine or comp Engg
Bah !!! there are other professions too.... !

Well aunties and Grand mas There's more To a girl than marriage and black skin .
Will write more about the other experiences.....

AUNTIES you guys are mad !!!! jobless !!!

2 comments:

the Monk said...

totally....i'm with you all the way...

Anonymous said...

hey...i think whats on the inside counts more than the outside...and to hell with what the oldies say...they just need some maal masala to talk about...and ur the most beautiful person i know....luv ya