Monday, March 06, 2006

I promise

Last night as I was trying to cram in maximum for the
Costing exam ( which btw sucked !) .
I heard the sound of gentle rain against my window pane , unable to concenterate I stood by
the window .
I wondered what my future has in store for me .
All sort of arbid things came into my mind
(ps : at most wrong times my mind will try to seek answers instead of doing whats required like mugging costing ) .

I thought of the past four years in college , It's highs and lows , All the ppl I meet and their strage ways, All the men I've seen and gradually loathed .
All the things I've learnt admist embarressment and laughter .
Some tough lessons and the growing I had to do .

I remebered the day I entered the portals of MCC i promised myself I will do whatever I felt like learn and freak out but never will I settle for
" The mediocre , never will I allow myself to perform averagely "
Thats the worst thing to do...... settle for mediocre . It's unpardonable .

I made several more promises last night as it rained .......

I promise to take things in my stride ,
never losing hope or letting my goal go out of sight ,
I promise never to let emotions come way of reasonable thinking ,
I promise never to let anyone or anything come between my dreams and me ,
I promise never to break another boy's heart ( I do feel guilty *sometimes*) .
I promise never to give up until I reach trhe mountain top
and never to let anything other than the top distract me .
I promise tha no matter where life takes me I will never forget
the small things in life
to smell the earth after a rain, to smile when I see the sunset ,
To argue with Nainamma about short tops and boys ,
to thank god for each passing day .

I promise never to give up ,
I promise to never let the child in me die ,
I promise never to loose that sense of wonderment ,
nor feel too big in front of the ocean
I promise to remain the crazy individual I am ......
I promise never to settle for mediocre

( I also promised never to study last minute but that's something I say after every exam )

4 comments:

the Monk said...

try and keep them, I guess...

Prmod Bafna said...

Haha quite a list of promises those! Its all the magic of the mango showers!! Bangalore was sooooooo very nice after it rained yest.. very beautiful.. or atleast the view form my terrace ;)

zypsy said...

the rain and a lonely night, they never fail to make you think or bring out the poet in you.

I promise never to break another boy's heart (I do feel guilty *sometimes*). - and don't let him break yours:-)

I promise never to give up until I reach the mountain top - just love the mountains and that feeling when i reach the top.

I promise that no matter where life takes me I will never forget
the small things in life, to smell the earth after a rain, to smile when I see the sunset... - make this your priority, it will keep your sanity in this mad fast world.

jugni said...

those are some nice promises to make to yourself..

good luck in trying to keep all of them! (and i don't mean that sarcastically.. )