Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Here's to the aunties


As I said there will be more on these aunties who leave no stone unturned to torture you .

Well yesterday we had guests who wanted to see the new house ( which btw is two years old )
So they peeked around and said nice nice nindda bagundee ......
After peering around the whole house they thought they might as well
check out the inhabitants of the place .

So I was the first one .
Mum : " Why have you come shorts go change ppl have come "
I : " So ... aren't you'll ppl too"
Mum : " Don't talk too much What will they think ?"
I : " uggghh........" .

As always I had to come down and smile and say
Namaste yettla undaaru... which means hello how are you ?
So after the initial introduction I am doing B'com( Yes I colud have also done engg or medicine but you see I thought there are other professions too )
I can sing , dance and play the veena ( also bite of your ears if you ask me to
do any of those now ) .

They look at my photogaraphs a ritual every one does who visits home
After scanning through them for a while ..........

Aunty No. 1 " She looks very nice in the photos but in real life she's not so nice also "
Aunty No. 2 stares at it for two minute and then nods her head vigourously .
While mum gives that I told you to change look .

Hello ppl those are photos of a portfolio with me in dance costume and make up
like obviously I'd look diiferent in it .....
Duh you can't expect me to wear that costume
and jewellery and parade all day long ....!

After a while trying to make conversation with me
Aunty No. 1 " congardulations "
I " huh why ?"
Aunty No.2 " what a beautiful house "
I " huh..... why "
Aunty No.1 " after your father this house will be yours only no "
They nod , wink and laugh .
I sigh .....and smile politely .
What on earth was that statement supposed to mean......
how could you make such idiotic statements but then again it was them ....

After this really irritating conversation I had to serve them , a ordeal indeed
Enter me with two trays trying to balance both ......

Aunty No.1 " why all this trouble ma"
Aunty No.2 " I don't want anything " while bringing her hand forward to take a muruku !

After that they start gossiping in velocity that could beat any automobile
while mum stands nodding her politely .

Well since they have spoken about almost everyone , they think it's appropriate to ask a few more questions like
How's your husband 's business ? how much does he earn ?,
How much do you pay for your maid ?
Why do you have to work ? You don't need money , do you ?
Why did he get marries so late ( he meaning uncle ) ?

While mum tries to evade those questions I fled .

As i reached my room I heard them advice my mum why don't you put sandalwod and turmeric face pack for your daughter within ten days she will become fair ......!

Abbbha these aunties belong to some other planet ..........
Their energies peak when they have to talk about other people !
Cheers to their stories and advices .......
aunties you'll are a couple of jobless loosers !

3 comments:

Prmod Bafna said...

Lol!! Its really funny to see how these aunty-prototypes (i like to call them that) function! I've gotten from the point of actually getting pissed/annoyed about their vague conversation and comments to actually finding it funny now! Bah! the same old same... mayb find a big crater in our respective neighbourhoods and push these prototypes inside. Mayb.. hah!

Anonymous said...

HEY KEERU
TELL ME WHO WERE THOSE W@#%$S...I SWEAR WILL KILL THEM...POOR MAGHITA AUNTY...AND OF COURSE POOR U....NEXT TIME SAY"YETLLA UNDAARU" WEARING A BIKINI!!!!!HA HA HA
LUV YA

Rohan said...

Aunge laathi tokdundu odi beku :D

Btw females here in UK dress up to uni like Karan johar is gonna turn up in the library and start shooting right there :D

Why can't a girl in shorts look equally beautiful as a propa dressed up chick ?

How is only fair 'beautiful'. I know so many dark chicks who lookk BOOMMMMMM.

Aunties only know to 'panchat' :P

go figure the last sentence :P

Cheers